Here are some motivational quotes from some of the greatest thinkers of the past!
- Is it not enjoyable to learn and practise what you learn? – Confucius
Using your English skills is fun. Make time just to enjoy speaking English.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C.S.Lewis
Many people say it’s easier to learn a language when you are young but there are advantages to learning a language when you are older.
- Language is “the infinite use of finite means.” – Wilhelm von Humboldt
Remember, it is possible to communicate big ideas with relatively limited language. Don’t feel like you need perfect English before you can go out and have interesting conversations with other people.
- There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
Learning any language is hard work so prepare well, put in the hours and you will achieve your goals.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
Like the Lao Tzu quote earlier, this one is a great way to help you stop procrastinating. Anything you can do right away will help you get ahead with your goal of leaning a language.
- If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
Walt Disney was well known as a man who made dreams come true, and you can, too. It just takes plenty of hard work.
- It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
Learning a skill such as a new language can take a long time. If you feel like your progress is slow, bear in mind these wise words from Confucius. The important thing is to keep going and you will get there in the end.
- Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. – Samuel Beckett
Making mistakes is a natural part of the language learning process. The key is to learn from these mistakes. Don’t be afraid to try out new things in English but always remember to reflect on them and decide what was successful and what you need to keep working on.
- To have another language is to possess a second soul. – Charlemagne
Learning a new language gives you the chance to be a different person if you want to. Make the most of that chance.
- Language is wine upon the lips. – Virginia Woolf
When you are learning a language, remember to slow down and enjoy the process. The language itself is often as enjoyable as the end goal.